Do you think having a robotic pool cleaner will help you maintain your swimming pool better? We all know that owning a pool comes with a lot of responsibilities. On top of the list is making sure that it is clean and safe enough for you and your family to enjoy and lounge around.
The thing is, it takes time to clean a swimming pool. The bigger it is, the more time consuming it can be. Even if you do not use it, you still need to clean it regularly. That can be quite a time consuming and tedious task to accomplish.
Fortunately for you, there are ways for you to make this job easier. You just have to get a robotic pool cleaner. These are quite costly if you buy it for the first time. But if you consider what it can do, you will realize that it can give you the best value for your money. These cleaners can climb walls, have brushes built on them, and can clean the tile line. If you choose the right model or brand, you will find that it can be very thorough in cleaning your pool for you.
To help you decide, let us discuss the pros and cons of buying a robotic pool cleaner.
Advantages of a robotic pool cleaner
Here are the advantages of using these automatic pool cleaners.
- These can clean the walls, floor, and even the tile line of your swimming pool.
- Most models are equipped with fast-spinning brushes that can really scrub your pool clean. This will make it cleaner compared to merely vacuuming the pool. Can clean both large and smaller particles.
- It can also clean the chemicals in the water – eliminating the harmful ones. This will ensure that the pool water is healthy.
- These machines do not use the suction or pressure system on your pool. This means it will not speed up the natural wear and tear of your pool’s cleaning systems. It can function on its own.
- It is possible to navigate the cleaner through a mobile device – as long as it has a Bluetooth app. You can ask the manufacturer or take a look at the manual.
- Most robotic pool cleaners only encounter problems with the motor, cable, or power supply. These can easily be replaced and may be covered by the warranty.
- The best models and brands offer up to 3 years warranty.
- A robotic pool cleaner is created to make storing easier. It has a caddy for the power cable, cleaner, power supply, etc.
- More energy-efficient compared to having a separate pump and pressure cleaner.
Disadvantages of a robotic pool cleaner
Here are the disadvantages of using a robotic pool cleaner.
- These are not really designed to run automatically. That means you have to set it yourself. Some models can be programmed but it is only for a 7-day period at the most.
- There are still things that you need to do to take care of the cleaner. You have to place and remove it from the pool. There is also a need to rinse it and store it properly. This will help increase the life span of the cleaner.
- More costly than the suction or pressure cleaner.
- Parts may not be easily available in case it breaks down. Usually, it takes 1 to 2 weeks to have it repaired.
- If you get a model that has a limited electric cord, that can compromise the mobility of the cleaner.
Take note that having a robotic pool cleaner will not remove the need to hire a professional pool cleaner to take a look at the whole swimming pool. You still need to get one because they can spot problems that might miss your notice. Of course, it will not be as frequent as it should be. But nevertheless, it is still necessary.
Considering all of these pros and cons, you can make a smarter choice when it comes to buying a robotic pool cleaner.