What do you need to know before you start a swimming pool remodeling project? Apparently, a lot. The autumn and winter seasons are actually the best periods to have your pool remodeled.
Your swimming pool at home is not just there to keep you cool during the warm summer months. It is there to add value to your home. It is also there to make you feel good about having a beautiful home. There is nothing like knowing that you have a pool at home that has everything you need to relax. Only those who have had a very bad and stressful day will really understand the benefits of soaking for an hour in your pool. It can rejuvenate your senses and make you feel refreshed. Not only that, it can also be a great location for a party. These are only a few of the reasons why some people really spend on a pool remodeling project.
Of course, it is not just the physical appeal that should tell you that you need to remodel your pool. There are some practical reasons to do it. If your pool is in need of a renovation, it might be a good idea to remodel it while you are at it.
Signs you need to renovate your pool
Here are the different reasons why you may need to renovate your pool.
- There is a leak. This is actually a major problem that you need to act on immediately. If you notice the water dropping at an alarming rate, you need to have it checked.
- The system needs to be updated. If your swimming pool has an old mechanical equipment, you might want to have that updated. This will help you conserve energy and will also aid in taking care of your pool.
- The design needs improvement. If you wish to change how your pool looks like, this is also a good reason to go for a swimming pool remodeling project.
- The materials need repair or replacement. Another good reason to renovate a pool is when the materials are worn out or broken. No matter how careful you are, these will go through the natural wear and tear.
Common pool remodeling projects
Now that you know the signs that you need to look for before having your pool remodeling project, here are the different ways that you can implement the renovation.
- Add a spa area. If you want your pool to help you relax, you might want to add a spa area – where you can immerse your tired body and let it have a therapeutic effect on your senses.
- Change the shape. Another thing that you can do is to change the shape. Some swimming pools adapt a specific shape. Or you can make it bigger or smaller to make way for other pool equipment and features.
- Put decorative tiles. You can also replace the old tiles and make sure it boasts of its own decorative properties. Mosaic tiles are usually a great idea.
- Build a waterfall and other water features. The sound of waterfalls can be very relaxing. This can be easily done by stacking a wall of rocks and have the water tumble over it. Other water features include things like spraying mist, etc.
- Install a pool slide. This should make the pool a lot more fun.
- Improve the lighting. This is a great way to improve the overall ambiance of the pool.
- Upgrade the decking. Your swimming pools’ decking is not just there to serve as the floor of the pool. It is also a great way to compliment the general look of the pool.
What is the pool remodeling process
Once you know what you want to do, the process will be pretty straightforward. The company that you will hire to work on the project will talk to you about the changes and improvements that you want to make. When everything is in order, they will set a schedule to work on the pool.
The process will begin with the draining of the water inside the pool. This will take a couple of hours to complete – depending on how big your pool is. The company will use a submersible pump to get rid of all water. Once that is done, the surface of the pool will be chipped and primed – it will also take a couple of hours to complete. If you want new tiles, this is when it will be installed. After that, they will work on the surface of the pool – mixing pebble and plaster so it can be troweled on the surface. After all the changes are implemented, the pool will be left to dry – if necessary. The next part is filling the pool with water. When the water reaches the right level, the chemicals will be added accordingly.
Benefits of a pool renovation
Do not worry about the investment that you will make as you complete the pool remodeling project. There are many benefits to improving your swimming pool.
First of all, and we have mentioned this before, the renovation will help increase the value of the pool, and in effect, your whole property. Not only that, it will make your pool safer and more energy efficient – especially if you choose the right replacements. As the improvement help extend the life of the pool, you will be saving money in the long.
These are really good reasons to proceed with the swimming pool remodeling plans. Make sure that you set a budget before you proceed with anything. That way, you know the limitations of the renovation project that you will implement.